Brother James H Sturdy


September 26th 1823 – June 14th 1900


James H. Sturdy a jeweler by trade was one of Ezekiel Bates Lodge charter members. Bro. Sturdy also was the lodge’s first Treasurer. In 1913 his estate was bequeathed to the city of Attleboro  for the purpose of building a general hospital. On April 13th 1913 the 15 bed hospital opened its doors and hasn’t looked back.

Sturdy House

Sturdy House on Park St


Brother James H. Sturdy along with his brother J.F. Sturdy and H.M. Draper were pioneers in making rolled gold or stock